- Submission on the Proposed NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
- About NEDA
- General Comments regarding the Proposed Framework
- Concerns regarding the exclusion of Advocacy Services from the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Framework.
- Significant Concerns for People living with Disability in Rural and Remote Australia
- Responding to each question in the proposed NDIS Quality and Safeguards Framework
- What are the most important features of an NDIS information system for participants?
- How can the information system be designed to ensure accessibility?
- What would be the benefit and risks of enabling participants to share information, for example, through online forums, consumer ratings of providers and other means?
- What kind of support would providers need to deliver high-quality supports?
- Are they additional ways of building natural safeguards that the NDIS should be considering? What can be done to support people with a limited number of family or friends?
- Should there be an independent oversight body for the NDIS? What functions and powers should an oversight body have? What powers should a complaints body have?
- How important is it to have an NDIS complaints systems that is independent from providers of supports? Should an NDIS complaints system apply only to disability-related supported funded by the NDIS, to all funded supports, or to all disability services regardless of whether they are funded by the NDIS?
- Considering the options describe above, which options would provide the best assurance for providers?
- Should there be a community visitor scheme in the NDIS and, if so, what should their role be?
- Who should make the decision about whether employees are safe to work with people with disability?
- Should people who manage their own plans be able to choose unregistered providers of supports on an ‘at your own risk’ basis (Option 1) or does the NDIS have a duty of care to ensure that all providers are safe and competent?
- Who should decide when restrictive practices can be used
- All Pages
Submission on the Proposed NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework
National Ethnic Disability Alliance Inc.
Senior Research and Policy Officer
Phone: (02) 6262 6867
This publication has been prepared by National Ethnic Disability Alliance Inc. The views expressed in this publication are those of National Ethnic Disability Alliance Inc. and do not represent the views of the Australian Government.
- Next >>